Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 - Getting Ready

I'm not actually going to start the challenge until Tuesday because I'm still on holidays and have a lot of family and food around. However, I decided that on January 1st, I would start to shift gears so that I'm ready on Tuesday.

Today I ate a healthy breakfast - plain yogurt and a banana, coffee. I drank a bottle of water while riding the trainer and tried to increase the amount of water I drank throughout the day as well.

For lunch I had some delicious homemade Tuscan vegetable soup (recipe here on my blog) and threw in some sliced leftover steak from the night before, baguette toast.

For dinner, I made a red thai curry (recipe) but instead of meat, I made it with chick peas and threw in a handful of spinach as well. It was surprisingly good and I have leftovers for tomorrow.

In the evening, I drank wine and ate a whole whack of dessert crap at my mom's place while visiting with my family on their last night in town. :)


I also spent an hour making up lists of foods I can eat for meals over the next few weeks. I'm gradually trying to eat more meat alternates and that takes some thought and planning.

I will try to post pics of my meals when I can - it takes some time to organize that so I'm not always as diligent as I should be but I do appreciate the opportunity to blog about my food choices as it really helps in keeping me focussed.

Thanks Stuart!

No comments:

Post a Comment